As WellKiwis continues its essential work researching influenza, COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses, it's vital we do everything we can do to keep our participants and clinical team safe. For this reason, we have amended some of our operating practices, which take immediate effect
Operations in the Orange setting
Operational practices in the Orange setting are the same as those established in the Red setting.
To keep everyone safe, we are implementing the following steps:
- We will contact your household before a home visit to ask the following COVID-19 screening questions:
- In the past 14 days, have you or a household member been to any locations of interest or had contact with confirmed or probable COVID-19 cases?
- In the past 14 days, have you or a household member exited a managed isolation facility?
- Do you or anyone in your household have any cold or flu type illnesses?
- All participants over 12 years of age will be asked to wear a mask during our visit - we can provide these if necessary.
- Our clinical team will arrive wearing personal protective equipment. If a blood sample is being collected, the person taking the sample will also pop a face visor on just before taking the sample.
- To reduce items going in and out of homes, we will only bring essential items in with us, and where possible we will ask you to dispose of any waste items used for taking your sample. It's understandable if you feel anxious about this, so we will put the waste in a brown bag so there is minimal risk of exposure.
- If you are uncomfortable about disposing of the waste bag, we can take it away with us.
Keeping you updated
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we will keep you updated with any changes to how we operate and what this may mean for you.
Further guidance on the traffic light system can be found on Government’s COVID-19 website.(external link)